It is normal human nature to have a moment of doubt before going for the plunge. But the most important thing is to figure out a way around these moments and come up again filled with strength and determination. Here are 10 reasons you finally start writing.
1. Everyone has a story worth sharing.
In the words of Neil Gaiman, everybody has a secret world inside of them. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.
2. Your words can help heal someone’s pain.
It ALWAYS helps to know that there are others who feel the same way as you do.
3. If you never try, you’ll never know; just what you’re worth.
One must always listen to Coldplay’s advice.
4. “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
One must also always pay heed to Maya Angelou’s words of wisdom.
5. Sometimes, the best way to understand your emotions is to write about them.
There’s no such thing as too many emotions. And everything you feel is okay.
6. Writing helps to relive lost moments, and experience life twice.
It’s like a walk down memory lane, where you get to describe everything you see. Few things are better than that.
7. The only way to get better at writing is to keep writing.
The water does not flow unless the faucet is turned on.
8. Your words may help you discover a side of you, you didn’t know existed.
You connect at a much deeper level with yourself – your fears, your passions, your wants.
9. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.
No one is born a good writer. And if the greatest writers doubted themselves instead of believing, some of the greatest literature would have never been born.
10. You never know when your words may inspire someone else to start writing too.
Inspiration may come from anywhere.