Lake of Ozarks is a vacation spot that attracts a lot of people, both old and young. The lake is very busy with people during public holidays like labour day, Memorial Day, etc. Determining the best time to visit the lake of the Ozarks can be very difficult, especially when you have to consider factors like temperature, safety, rain, people, and wind. In this guide, however, we will show you the best time to visit the lake of the Ozarks by putting all these factors into consideration.
1. Temperature: If you’re looking forward to visiting the lake of the Ozarks when the temperature is warm, then you need to visit during June, July, and August. That is because these are the hottest months, and the area surrounding the lake of the Ozarks is always cold during the rest of the year.
2. Rain or Snow: Visiting the lake of Ozarks during the dry weather can be to your advantage as the lake is mostly shallow during this period. It rarely rains in November, December, and January at the Lake of Ozarks, which will be the right time to go there.
3. Wind: Even though the lake of Ozarks is calm most times, it can be very windy in April. So, if you don’t want to experience the winds, you shouldn’t visit the lake of Ozarks in April. However, if you love the feel of the wind against your skin while on vacation, then April would be the leading time to visit the lake of Ozarks.
4. Safety: Besides the usual security precautions, the lake of Ozarks is very safe to visit. That is because no crime has been reported from that area.
5. People: The more people who are vacationing at the Lake of Ozarks, the higher the chances of hotels and flights becoming expensive. Because most visitors do not visit the lake of Ozarks in November, this will be the best month to visit if you are on a budget.
The best time to visit the lake of Ozarks is from the last week of April to the first week of June. At this period, the weather is perfect for vacationing at the lake.
Visa Wavier Entry Alternative
Want to visit the lake of Ozarks, but there are U.S. Entry Travel Restrictions? If you are from a visa waiver program (VWP) country, you don’t need to worry. Be informed that the esta approval only permits you to land in the country without a visa. You can fill an esta application online to get permission to visit the U.S. The requirements for the application are your data, such as your date of birth, sex, age, occupation, and passport details. Your fate for entry into the country will be in the hands of the customs agent attending to you.
Check esta status 24 hours after application to see if you have been given permission or not. If permission to visit the United States has been granted, you can go ahead and process your travel arrangements. However, you shouldn’t purchase a flight ticket until you have applied for esta and received permission. Unless the customs see fit, you will not be allowed to step outside the airport. And in a worst-case scenario, you will be deported back to your country of origin.
Lake of the Ozarks Beaches
There are two beaches in the lake of the Ozarks. These beaches are public, and swimming in them is at your own risk since lifeguards are not available. The first beach is located off Highway 134, and the second is at the Grand Glaize area of the park. Both beaches offer restrooms, shaded areas that are perfect for picnics, and children’s playground equipment. However, you must know that pets are not allowed on any of the beaches.
Lake of the Ozarks Restaurants
Below are some of the best restaurants you can find at the lake of the Ozarks.
1. JB Hook’s – At this restaurant, only dishes made with prawns, lobsters, and fish are served. Besides serving seafood dishes, the restaurant also has a bar.
2. PaPPO’s pizzeria and pub – Looking for the best place to eat delicious Italian and American dishes This restaurant is your best bet.
3. Mamacita Mexican Cantina – You can treat yourself to mouth-watering Mexican dishes and grill from this restaurant while vacationing at the lake of Ozarks.
4. Stewart’s Restaurant – This restaurant in the lake of Ozarks serve only the best American dishes and cafe.
5. The Trophy Room at Old Kinderhook – A restaurant that offers both seafood and American dishes? Well, you have one right at the lake of Ozarks.
Horseback Riding Lake of the Ozarks
Looking for the best location to go horseback riding in the Lake of the Ozarks? Read below.
- Von Holten Ranch
- American Warmblood Society
- Sugar Creek Arena
- Kemper Horse Farm
- God’s Calvary Rescue Ministry Services
Can you Swim in Lake of the Ozarks?
Yes, you can swim in the Lake of the Ozarks. That is because there have been no reports that the lake is infected with any bacteria.